Hello Everyone! We are excited to kick off the Fall 2020 Soccer Season – TOMORROW NIGHT!
Although you have seen the many emails on how our season will be run with modification, I’d like to review the details once again.
We are so happy that we have the ability to let the kids play! Kindly review the following:
Our practices are scheduled for Mondays: 6:50-7:50pm and Fridays: 5:30-6:30pm
LOCATION: for both practices, we will be meeting in the MIDDLE of the back field. It may be confusing, as there will be a lot of teams practicing, but you can view the map here: http://www.charlestownsoccer.com/ and click on: Aerial Field Layouts under the schedule.
- Each player must bring their own ball, a mask (no Gators), a dark and white shirt and hand sanitizer
- Please do not arrive early to practice or loiter after practice
- Parents will not be allowed to watch practice from the field, but should wait in the car or in the stands
- If your player is not feeling well, he/or she needs to stay home
Our first scrimmage is scheduled for this weekend: Sunday, 9/20 at 10:00-11:00am
Each game we will be designated as a VISTIOR or HOME team (I will confirm before each game day):
- VISITORS WEAR THE LIGHT SHIRTS
- HOME WEAR DARK SHIRTS
Even though visitors are light, everyone should bring two different shirts in case we have to mix teams.
Additional COVID precautions:
- Players and coaches will have to wear masks at all times/on and off the field
- On the sidelines, players should practice social distancing
- All spectators are required to wear masks
- We are asking families to keep a 1:1 ratio for spectators and players
- If a parent is a coach, then the player can have another spectator
- Mixing teams on game day is allowed but with precautions:
- One team is down players
- A team is more dominant than the other team
Please let me know if you have any questions – and I look forward to seeing your players tomorrow!